The University of Delaware is participating in the White House Healthy Campus Challenge, which includes health screenings, health insurance enrollment assistance and wellness activities, from 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 8, at the STAR Health Sciences Complex on South College Avenue.
The White House has asked college campuses across America to assist individuals who do not have insurance to get enrolled in one of the insurance marketplace options.
This is an open enrollment period for health insurance coverage on Healthcare.gov, and experts will be on hand to meet one-on-one with individuals interested in learning about health insurance options.
The December 8 event is open to the UD campus and surrounding community to provide individuals with the opportunity to learn about and enroll in health insurance coverage, to focus on wellness and to promote health during the holidays.
Those who plan to attend are encouraged to register in advance for activities.
Activities include the following:
- 7-11 a.m., health screenings and healthy smoothies.
- 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m., health insurance enrollment assistance and healthy snacks.
- Noon-2 p.m., resource tables and healthy snacks.
- 12:30 p.m., lunchtime wellness activities, including yoga, healthy eating workshop and samples.
- 4:30-7 p.m., resource tables and health snacks.
- 5:30 p.m., evening wellness activities, including painting for stress relief and a healthy cooking demonstration.