HEALTH SCIENCES SUMMER CAMP
The University of Delaware College of Health Sciences is training the next generation of healthcare leaders. Are you one of them?
Increasing diversity among health professionals improves access to healthcare for everyone. High school students are invited to apply for a six-day college immersion camp. The experience provides a deep exploration into health science majors and careers in an on-campus, college experience. Students will have the opportunity to engage with university faculty, researchers, graduate students and undergraduate mentors. The camp experience focuses on a variety of health sciences programs including, Nutrition, Health Behavior Science, Biotechnology, Exercise Science, Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, and many more. Our goal is to provide all campers with a fun, safe and rewarding camp experience.
The cost of the program is free. The College of Health Sciences will fund students’ housing in a UD dormitory, meals, school supplies, and mid-week transportation. Students and parents are only responsible for their own transportation to and from Newark at the beginning and end of the week.
- Letter of Interest– Submit a well written, 1-2-page statement (Times New Roman, 12 pt.) answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in a career in health sciences?
- What impact do you want to make on the world?
- How do you identify with the eligibility criteria for this program?
- Feel free to add any other commentary that you feel is relevant to this program
- Letter of Recommendation– Reference must submit 1/2 – 1 page which includes comments about the applicant’s character, abilities & any experiences that they feel are relevant to the student’s college aspirations.
Students must submit their reference contact information on the application. An automated message will be sent to the reference’s email to submit a letter of recommendation
*Upload transcript via application
Due to the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic and the University of Delaware’s commitment to the health and safety of our community, the 2020 UD Health Sciences Summer Camp scheduled for August 2-7 has been cancelled. The Health Sciences Summer Camp is a highlight for many faculty and staff. We look forward to expanding the program next summer to allow more students to participate given this year’s disruption.
Camp Dates: August 2-7, 2020 [CANCELLED]
Application Period: Monday, March 9, 2020 9:00 AM through Friday, June 5, 2020 11:59 PM
- Rising 10th, 11th, or 12th graders
- Member of one or more groups (first-generation college, underrepresented minority).
- U.S. Residents only
Please note: A student may identify in more than one of these groups. While the camp is focused on students in these groups, we will consider applications from any interested and qualified student.